Peanut butter Cupcakes


Now that I am bit by the baking bug :) I am constantly in the Baking mode. The urge to bake something every time I look at my electric mixer and the oven.

I feel it is so De stressing and hope its just a start for an amateur Baker like me. In this feeling of "lets bake something today" the question was "what???" pondering over it for some time and a glance at my kitchen...

my mind replied "Peanut Butter" and I was similing .Being a peanut butter lover (along with my husband). I had some Homemade peanut butter (will share the recipe soon) left with me.


Was wondering how do I use it other than  using it as spread and just eating it from the jar. I was thinking can I make cupcakes and there I was ready to give it a try and all the ingredients ready with me


Got started!!!
 
 I thought of using the same batter I use for the normal vanilla cupcakes just that I used only half the amount of butter I use and for the remaining half substituted it with Peanut butter.
 
I quite liked it how the results were so thought of sharing the recipe with all of you. Hope you too love them

The recipe will yield 12 cupcakes

For the Cupcakes:

1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
190 gms brown sugar (a little less than 1 cup)
2 large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla essence or extract
120 gms of Flour ( little less than a cup)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk

Preheat your oven to 180 deg C that is a 350 deg F

Method:
Sieve the flour along with the baking powder and salt. keep it aside.
Take a mixing bowl and using a hand mixer cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in the peanut butter and whisk it well too. Now add the eggs, one egg at a time and beating it well between each addition. add in the vanilla essence/ extract and whisk. Add in a third of the flour and mix it using a spatula or a wired whisk. Then add in a third of the milk and mix.Do this until all of the flour and milk is incorporated well.But do not over mix. Carefully put the mixture in the liner using an ice cream scoop or two spoon method. Each liner not to be filled more than 2/3rd . Bake it for 18-20 mins.

NOTE:

You can serve it with its popular accompaniment Jelly / Jam which is filled inside the cupcake or Peanut butter Frosting it is a good choice if you simply simply love peanut butter.

 

Comments

Popular Posts