The Best Brownies






When I made these everyone was so happy to eat it which made me more happy seeing all of them enjoying it. The best was when my two and half year old son and his friend were just not stopping even at the third one :) That just made my day and the first time brownie making felt the best.

The very first experience of a Brownie that I had was long back, when I had been with a friend to another friend's place and her mother had made some. I don't remember the taste though but I had liked it. I remember telling myself  that it is very similar to a chocolate cake.


Now when I  started baking, I recalled those Brownies and was going through the recipe.
What I found out was, there is something called Fudgy Brownie, Cakey Brownie and Chewy Brownie as well.It all depends on the texture and the amount of Chocolate, butter and flour.


Fudgy Brownies are the most dense because of the amount of chocolate, Chewy ones have more flour and whole eggs that  gives it a structure to set and Cakey Brownies have less butter and moist crumbs and cake like texture.



The recipe that I  am sharing here will give you Brownies that is somewhere between Fudgy and Cakey. But I can tell you  they are the Best :) The amazingly chocolaty flavour the crispy beautiful top crust. Ohhhhhhh I am in love with these lil squares :)





 






The recipe yields 16 Brownies

Ingredients:

1 Cup Chocolate chopped
1/2 Cup butter
2 tbsps Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence/ Extract
3 regular sized eggs
2/3 cup All purpose Flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup choco chips (optional)



Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 deg (180deg). Melt the chocolate and a tbsp of butter from the 1/2 cup butter. Melt it in a double boiler or a microwave until smooth and shiny. If doing it in a microwave first keep it for 30 secs and take it out. give it a stir. then again keep it for 30 secs. Be careful of not burning your chocolate.

Grease an 8" X 8" square pan.Line it with parchment paper cut it 2 " extra on two sides such that the  extra width helps like a grip to take the brownie out of the pan.

Sieve the All purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt.keep aside.

Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and beat the mixture really well 
(7-8 mins). Put a  tsp of Vanilla essence and the dissolved espresso beat all this well. Fold in the sifted flour. Remember Do Not Over mix. Now fold in the 3/4 of  the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the greased pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.

Bake it in the oven for 30-33 mins.

Note:  Do not over bake the Brownie. Test the brownie a mintue or two before the end of baking time.
when the toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs its done.

Comments

Popular Posts