Brownie with Peanut butter swirls




My little one will have his vacations from next week and I am planning to make some goodies for his friends and teachers at school . I asked him, "what shall I make for you, cupcakes, a big cake or cake pops?" Pat came the reply, " Make Brownies Maa " .

Awwwh that was so nice of him. I know it well that he has a special liking towards brownies. he just loves them. Alhumdulellah I have noticed these days that he is enjoying the bakes a lot. He eagerly waits for the them to be out of the oven. He gives me amazing and very flattering feedbacks too. Once he said "Maa you are so amazing at making cakes". I can never forget that and I never have to ask him how it is. I just come to know by his comments.





Here I am again with my love for peanut butter :) This new experiment came in as I was planning to make swirl brownies. The one with cream cheese. Yeah :) I know you know it ;)

Well, so I was all set mentally prepared to make a small batch of swirl brownies and my eyes went on a jar of roasted peanuts. Why not make swirls with peanut butter, as chocolate and peanut butter is a good combo :) I made these with home made peanut butter which was a lil gritty compared to the store bought ones. I recommend using the smooth one. As it affects the swirly effect. Mine did  :(


For this Brownie I followed a different procedure. No creaming the butter and sugar then adding the eggs and then flour. Instead melted the complete butter and chocolate, beat the eggs and sugar well and then the rest of the ingredients follow. So the result is a very fudgy brownie.



For the peanut butter mixture I followed the usual cream cheese method and woah cream cheese and peanut butter , I am sure you can't stop at one.

The Chocolate and butter all melted, added to the eggs and sugar mixture.


The cocoa powder mixed in the chocolate - egg mixture.


In goes the flour


Prepare your pan, For the brownies I always line the tin with a little extra foil or wax paper whatever you prefer (see the pic below). I grease the foil on the inside so that the brownies don't stick after baking. results in easy removal.


Pour in the prepared batter , spread with spatula. Then  put spoonfuls of peanut butter- cream cheese mixture. We are not spreading it all over the brownie batter just putting spoonfuls here and there.Take a skewer/Thin knife and create swirls. Remember not to over do the swirls.


The swirl effect on this one me not very happy but for taste, it really gets a 10 on 10.
So, time to tempt your taste buds.

The Recipe gives you 16 pieces.


Ingredients:

For the Brownies:

3/4 Cup Chopped (semi sweet )chocolate / Choco Chips 
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
3 Eggs
2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp of Vanilla
1 Cup All Purpose flour

For the Peanut Butter Swirls:

1/3 Cup cream cheese
1/2 Cup Peanut butter
3 Tbsps Sugar
1 Egg
1-2 Tbsp of Milk

Method:

Pre heat the oven to 180 Deg (350 Deg F) 

For the Peanut Butter Swirls : Beat the softened cream cheese only until smooth. do not over beat Cream cheese. Add in the peanut butter once alls mixed well add in the sugar, again mix it well.Add the egg and beat for 20 secs until incorporated.

For the Brownies : Melt the Butter and Sugar together until nice and smooth. In a Mixing bowl lightly beat the Sugar and eggs together . Add in the melted chocolate. Mix all these well. Now add the cocoa powder and vanilla essence. Now fold in the flour gently and when it gets incorporated give it a good mix. Pour the Batter in a prepared tin spread it on all sides. Now put dollops of peanut butter mixture randomly and make swirls with a skewer. Put it in the oven and bake it for 22-25 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out with some moist crumbs.

Cut it into Squares . Have a bite n mmmmmm

Please share your valuable feedback or comments :)
Do not forget to share the pics if you try out the recipe .

Comments

Popular Posts